31 Jan 【Seminar on 17th February】 Techniques for technical documents – getting better results from automatic translation
We would like to announce our upcoming seminar to be held on February 17th.
Technical documents, such as specifications and requirement definition documents have certain fixed expressions that are frequently used, so they go well together with automatic translation.
It is effective to use automatic translation for technical documents, but there are some tips that improve the results even more.
In this webinar, you can learn how to write technical documents appropriately, which eventually leads to improving the efficiency of automatic translation.
Part Ⅰ : Some points that you should be careful of when translating technical documents, and “pre-editing and post-editing” techniques that you can put into practice immediately
Part Ⅱ : How to further improve the translation accuracy of technical documents with the simple and secure AI translation tool “YarakuZen”
* The content is the same as the seminar held in November 2021.
◎Recommended if you…
- Have opportunities to translate technical documents, such as specifications and requirement definition documents
- Want to improve your technical writing skills
- Are satisfied with the translation quality of Google Translate or DeepL, but want to improve your work efficiency
- Usually ask translators to do the translation task, but want to reduce time and cost
- Are interested in the security of AI translation
Date and time : Thursday, February 17, 2022 11: 00-12: 00
Participation fee : Free
Venue : Online (Zoom)
※We will send a Zoom meeting URL by email after application.
※Please note: This webinar will be conducted in Japanese only.
Please note: Application form is also available in Japanese only .
【Introduction of speakers】
Born in Tokyo. Master of Linguistics, West Virginia University, USA. Rikkyo University Graduate School of Intercultural Communication Ph.D. (Intercultural Studies / Translation and Interpreting Studies). After working as an in-house interpreter and industrial translator for Ford Motor Company, he established Translation Lab Inc. He has served as a director of the The Japan Association for Interpreting and Translation Studies, and is Director of Asia-Pacific Association for Machine Translation (AAMT). He is currently Chief Evangelist of Yaraku, Inc.
Sales Executive of Yaraku, Inc. At the Recruit Group, was in charge of sales in the human resources field business, training new recruits in the agency department, and operations of human resources department. Also experienced labor management at a Labor and Social Security Attorney firm and lived in Singapore for 4 years before joining Yaraku, Inc.
We look forward to seeing you at the seminar.
* For businesses only. We apologize for the inconvenience, but personal plan users and free users are not eligible to participate.
* People from other companies in the same industry are not eligible to participate.